Brunch Style Cuban Frita
Listen up! There’s a new burger in town…This one brought to you by @ahungrylatina on Instagram. She says, “the Cuban Frita is not your typical burger. This style has all the Latin roots I love, which adds tons of flavor and blows your palate away with deliciousness!”
- 2 Mikey’s Original English Muffins
- 7 oz ground beef
- 5 oz chorizo
- 4 slices of red onion
- 2 slices of jalapeño pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp roasted corn
- tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- shoestring fries
- In a large bowl, combine the meats, minced garlic, cumin and paprika. Mix very well until you reach a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- Form small chunks of the meat by hand into 4 round, thin patties.
- Heat a flat griddle or pan on medium-high heat with just a touch of oil. Place the patties on the heat and flatten a little bit more with a spatula. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and squirt generously with tomato special sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add the cheese on two of the patties, then let cook just a minute longer. Set patties aside.
- Toast english muffins on the pan, allowing to absorb some of the remaining special tomato sauce. Then, place under a broiler (tops up!) for about 1 minute until golden brown with slightly crispy edges.
- To build the burger, start by layering spinach and a cheese-less patty, followed by the patty with cheese, red onion, shoestring fries and roasted corn.
- Liberally squirt the inside of the top bun and burger with more of the tomato special sauce, then enjoy!
where to buy Mikey's
Enter your zipcode below to find the nearest store